Saturday, January 10, 2009

Aussie Dares-Jan**WET**

This months theme for Aussie Dares is "Wet."
For my piece I wanted to create something that had the look that it had been weathered and damp over a period of time.

I started with an old cabinet card photo album page (or did I???) aged the paper with inks, water and a bit of distressing.


Added bark covered in Lichen, hand dyed muslin, added some embellisments like these gorgeous tiny watch makers glass vials with a pic of a tiny little boy inside.
A vintage pic, with transparency that had holes made with a candle, then mica placed over the top. I used PVA to create more of a weathered appearence by spreading it on the frame with my finger, then getting my paint stripper heat gun, and making it all bubble and crack while it was still wet. Perfect appearence for something that is wet..

I love this Lichen, it grows so freely here in the colder months, it has so much texture and muted colours. And lastly it hangs with chain that I have been making over the last couple of weeks..
Love Sarah
x0x0x0x0



16 comments:

Teresa Abajo said...

This is amazing Sarah! I love it.

Anonymous said...

I really love this piece, it's amazing!

Jen Crossley said...

You know this is my favorite piece It must be mine when you move mine I say.
You totally amaze me Sarah with your awesome work you really do inspire me
Jen

NessH said...

no Jen...it is for me...just cause u live near her doesnt mean u get first dibs on all Sarahs work...
Sarah this piece is just amazing..I am so totally inspired by your work..

Kim Palmer said...

Sarah another amazing piece! What a great distressing technique with the glue, I love this! Of course lichen may now start to be in short supply LOL!

Gaby Bee said...

Every time I visit your blog, you inspire me with your creations. But I think this one has to be my favourite ever. I'm totally in love with the textures of this stunning piece.
Gaby xo

Unknown said...

wow this is stunning Sarah. Beautiful work.

Ro Bruhn said...

This is fabulous Sarah, from a colour freak that's a real compliment. I love it.

Viola said...

OMG, Sarah, this is fantastic! What a stunning piece!!

Peta's page said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! simply stunning!!!!! would love to have your ideas!

jasminduft said...

Wow! This is fabulous! It really looks antique. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely STUNNING Sarah! I bow in your presence! Very inspiring!
xxJillGG

Anonymous said...

love the background!stunning piece!

Judy said...

Jen keeps telling me about this piece - bloody awesome - even with the slimey stuff - lol

Penelope said...

Oh my goodness- I just found your blog and I'm sooo inspired! Your work is fantastic, this wet-look piece is just gorgeous.

Alexandra said...

Your collage is a dream! Nice to find your blog :)