Saturday, March 27, 2010

Etched Copper Cuff Bracelet.











After recieving Tim Holtz's new alterations dies from Blue Bazaar the other day, I knew straight away that I wanted to make a cuff bracelet. The only thing was, would it cut through my 24 gauge copper sheet. Yes it does. (though it may damage your die, it didnt mine, though beware)
Once I had die cut the copper, I got on with metal etching using a Technique Tuesday and one of Tim's scroll stamps for the design. Once the etching was complete, I gently bent the copper and one of Tim's ornate bookplates. (another beware they do break easy when trying to be bent), added a Collections pic and filled it with Ice Resin (which if your in Australia) you can buy it from my dear friend and Australia's sole distributor Jen Crossley. And 'viola' cuff made.
Love Sarah
xoxoxoxox

12 comments:

Samantha Marshall said...

Absolutely stunning!!!!

Jen Crossley said...

OMG this is so awesome I love it My non jewerly Buddy

Gretz said...

Amazing!! especially for a person who has lost their mojo ;-)

Teresa Abajo said...

Love it - it's divine!

Jilly Geraghty-Groves said...

Get out Sarah! Absolutely BRILLIANT girl! You are sooooooooooo clever!!!
xxJ

Janine Davies said...

Gorgeous Sarah... you are cranking out quite a bit of jewellery! Well done! xo

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Hi Sarah
I got your message...look forward to saying hi to you.How gorgeous is your cuff???.Amazing.I'm not familiar with Tim's dies but what you did with them makes me think I need to be LOL.I didn't DO jewellery till I got Crossleyified by Jen LOL.Love playing with it all now.
hugs
Annette

Audrey said...

Love all of what you've been creating,,,divine.

Debbie B said...

Hi Sarah!

I love your cuff! I would like to know more information about the technique of etching - what is Technique Tuesday? Is this a process - I'm so interested to learn how to create this look! Thank you for showing your lovely creations -

The Redheaded Sister said...

I'm interested in a complete tutorial. This is an amazing creation. I'd love to make one. Thanks for sharing. Annie

toni said...

Fabulous make! I love it when people really push the boundaries with their crafty materials, brilliant

susanne said...

beautiful work! I'm amazed at how many altered books you have created, all gorgeous! I've been slowly working on three right now, it's such a slow but enjoyed art form.