Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thank you book







I made this little book for a dear friend Ness for putting up with me the whole weekend just passed so I could catch up with another dear friend Jen and do Jens wonderful classes.
The front and back covers are replicas of a tin type album. I made a silicon mould of the album, then squished in some polymer clay and baked in the oven until they were hard. Added paint, and then some rub and buff and you have album covers without ever using the real one, or until you want to.

10 comments:

Teresa Abajo said...

Sarah - what a gorgeous little book! I'm sure Ness loves it.

Jen Crossley said...

Sarah the book was to die for you out did yourself thats for sure do you want my address Hint HInt LOL
So great to see you and spend some time with you.
Miss ya heaps
Jen

Samantha Marshall said...

Wow- what a stunning book. It's so beautiful!!!

Jilly Geraghty-Groves said...

Ack!!!! Sooooooooooo gorgeous!!! Wonderful to see it IRL. Too talented, too talented!
So fabulous to get to spend time together!!! Miss you and can't wait 'til you move down here!!!
xxxJ

Gaby Bee said...

This is fabulous! It looks so old, like something I'd pick up in an antiques shop. Love it!

Numinosity said...

Delightful little book. What a treasure!

Gretz said...

OMG DIVINE!! When/where is the class?

Oxana said...

IT`S GORGEOUS§!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Eliza said...

This little book look awesome and it looks so old something that has been around for over 100 years what an amazing project, love it.

Sanderijn said...

wow simply stunning sarah......