Saturday, December 08, 2007



This is todays waste of time. Over 6 hours of making, baking and breaking gingerbread. I know I could have gone out and bought a beautifully decorated house with nothing to do but admire it. But I had this wonderful romantic idea of making my own. How hard could it be? All the chefs on TV make it all look easy yeah. Yeah right!!! So it all started at midday, with great visions of a building a house from scratch. First side panels cooked, not bad, bit dodgie just needs a few minor adjustments and it will be perfect I say. mmmm should have stopped there. 2nd lot out of the oven and snap. Bugger bugger. More in the oven and more issues. Anyhow construction time. Royal icing made, and yep not glueing the darn things. Out with the pritt glue, it usually sticks everything, everything but gingerbread. So I totally go over board with the icing, and half way through give up with the house looking perfect, well actually couldnt give a S$#@ what it looks like, so me and Imogen just decide to do whatever and here is the finished masterpiece that wasted my whole day. I think I will stick to paper in future...And never ever make another house as long as I shall live.

2 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

You have way too much time on your hands Sarah LOL.I did one once never again
Jen

Unknown said...

I love your sweet little house. I have always wanted to try one of these, maybe this is the Xmas to do it.