Friday, February 06, 2009

***HOT HOT HOT*** Aussie Dares

I used an old book. Burnt a big hole using a butane torch and concentrated the flame just in the centre of the paper pages to make if you like a niche.. I inserted an old tin type photo of a young girl, a few dried jasmine flowers and used Utee that had been cooked for approx 10 hours until it went an amber colour. I poured the melted Utee in until it was all covered. Then I embellished the book with aged brass mesh, a few parts from an old type writer and dictionary paper quote.


I love the look of all these burn pages all stacked upon another.







Aged fine copper mesh was used here on the left, it almost looks as if its still on fire with its coppery hues.




Jump on over to Aussie Dares to see more wonderful artwork created by the girls.

Love Sarah

x0x0x0x0x

15 comments:

Peta's page said...

this is just fantastic!!!!!!!!! WILL HAVE to see it IRL

Sarah Feeney said...

This is awesome Sarah! Since you're playing with fire, I wanna see you enter my Inkurable Stampers challenge this month! :)

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, this piece is incredible, Sarah!
It looks so old, like something I'd pick up in an antiques shop. Simply perfect, you've outdone yourself!
Gaby xo

Kim Palmer said...

Sarah, This is brilliant! I love all those layers peeking through and the aged look of the piece. Great ideas!

Unknown said...

wow what a fantastic idea. I love it.

Jen Crossley said...

Yeah your back I have miise dyou girl.This is one of my favorite pieces you have done
Your amazing
Jen

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, what an amazing creation! Love it!

Joanne said...

Stunning, absolutely stunning Sarah!

Janny said...

It's stunning!

Judy said...

Bloody Awesome love.
That utee pool looks like a lake - i love it.
would have loved to see you with the blowtorch.

Linda M. Cain said...

VERY COOL!
Linda

Gretz said...

WOW Amaging piece!

Anonymous said...

this is awesome!! I so adore this idea and project!!

Samantha Marshall said...

Hi Sarah,
This book is absolutely amazing. It is soo beautiful.

Edi-th said...

wow,wow, wow...this is just fantastic!Great ideas!