Monday, November 17, 2008

What a weekend..


Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending a 2 day workshop with the wonderfully talented Judy Wilkenfeld. Wow this girl sure oozes talent and seeing her work up close and personal was a real honour, let alone learning her techniques and processes of creating a masterpiece.


Though I havent done any more on my book since the class (thanks to the lovely cough/cold bug), I cant wait to dive in and get it done.
I had a ball with all the girls who took the class. Spent most of the weekend in tears of laughter courtesy of my partner in crime Jen. Bouncy Bouncy.. Happy 1st week anniversary Jen...LOL I also got to meet the one of the worlds kindest, warm hearted and talented lady Ro Bruhn and see her wonderful jewellery. This lady is amazing..
Points for me to remember this weekend.
-Dinner with Judy, Jen and Ro
-Dinner with all the girls, and Jen's kiss of death of Judy's glass of wine poured all over Kathy.
-Hotel complaint about me and partner in crime for being too loud..LOL
-Buying stunning vintage pieces from Judy.. Wow she has some seriously nice stuff.
-Seeing, touching and hearing about Judy's Fair Maid of Perth book..
- bookshop in Kew
-Finally getting to meet the wonderful Coby.
After years of chatting online with her through Blue Bazaar..
-Wonderful organisers of the whole weekend, Marg and Kathy.. Thank you for bringing Judy down for us all...
Thank you Judy for a wondeful weekend of inspiration and teaching us some of your secrets..
Love Sarah
x0x0x0x0x

5 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

What a weekend we had Bouncy bouncy oh such a good time LOL.
It will be a memory for the books driving down the western Hwy with two woman in the front,a child,3 dogs ,and a bird in the back.
Happy Anniversary babe
Jen

Jen Crossley said...

Oops by the way your book looks amazing,cant wait to see it done
Jen

Judy said...

...hehehehe... so glad you did not have to "soak up" the merlot - referring to my blog comment. It was great to finally meet you, loved your laughter - more book pics please - love it!You are so talented - time to jump 100% into the mixed media world for you.

Sue said...

oh I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time Sarah, I'm sooo jealous.

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the way your book looks. Nice to see a coloured one. I had a great time and didn't even attend the class. I still see the look on Kathy's face when Judy threw the red wine over her. It was great to meet you. Thanks for the kind comments and link too.