Monday, September 29, 2008

My 1st MM Jewellery Piece.




This is my 1st real MM jewellery piece totally inspired by the wonderful
I finally got my hands on a Dremel and went to town in the last few days with driling, grinding, cutting, polishing etc etc... This little tool is incredibly addictive, and so wonderfully easy to use, I am in love with my new toy can you tell.
Here I played with metal etching and patinas which I did a few months, just waiting for the chance to drill a few holes in it. Chopped a tiny birdcage in half, used a penny tin type photo, attempted to make a birds nest. Now all I have to do is learn to make some links for a chain and then it will be completed.
The half birdcage idea came from Judy of Red Velevet, from her "Fair Maid of Perth" book she has on her blog. Absoutley stunning book, and she is teaching it in Melbourne in November and I cant wait. I am so behind in stocking up on supplies for it though, so later this week, looks like I will be hitting the internet big time, and hoping the goods arrive before the class.
Check out Judy and Jens blog to see awesome work...
Love Sarah
x0x0x0x0x

12 comments:

Janny said...

Gorgeous!

sanderijn said...

it's really beautiful! I love all your work!

NessH said...

Sarah..this is amazing...thanks for sharing

Viola said...

Absolutely stunning, Sarah!! What a wonderful piece!!

Jen Crossley said...

This is just stunning girl you really have done an awesome job
Jen

Sarah Schwerin said...

This is so fabulous Sarah! I love it!

Gretz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gretz said...

Gorgeous!

I have been meaning to ask you, can you eail me the details of the kitset book you made - the one you showed me when I came to stay with you...

;-)

Thanks

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, this piece is breathtaking! You've done a beautiful job. Love it!

Moniqui said...

Sarah this is so awesome! I can see you are having fun with the Dremel lol! Are you going to a class with Judy? You lucky you!
big hugs,Monique

azirca said...

What a great piece, kudos to you!

jasminduft said...

I absolutely love it! You're so creative! Congratulations for such a stunning artwork!